This site is dedicated to our little girl Katharine Grace Pearce - born 3 months premature at 28 weeks + 2 days gestation. By sharing our days we hope to keep family and friends in touch with how we are all progressing...

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Shabby Chic Patchwork



Last night I went to my local scrap store and (almost!) completed their 'Shabby Chic Patchwork' class
(still have some button stitching to go... )

Although I can take no credit for the beautiful design - credit for that goes to Ainslee at Scrap Junkie. 4 hours later (sometime close to midnight with sore fingers from sandpapering - proof I did at least put in the grunt work to create the page to Ainslee's gorgeous design) and I had a beautiful, girly, shabby chic page with 5 photos of my beautiful girl to add to my scrapbooking album!

Although classes like this - as one friend put it recently - can probably best be described as 'scrapbooking on speed' - with no time for mucking about - just go go go - it's certainly rewarding to be able to take a night off - head out of the house - escape for a while - meet some new people - spend some time at my favorite local shop - and last but not least, actually start and complete a scrap page from start to finish - with no interruptions and numerous cups of tea supplied with a smile by Scrap Junkie's owner (Ainslee) to the scrap addict hard at work who is working hard to re-create her design! (That would be mE!)

Pure bliss...

2 Comments:

Blogger Turner Family said...

It's looks fantastic Mel! Having a beautiful baby girl to scrap certainly helps as well! Definitely will do some classes with you next year, when I get rid of some of the pesky paperwork!

9:34 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G O R G E O U S sweets.
I love this layout Mel!!
I am glad you had such a blissful night... even if your fingers are a little sore.
Katie is such a cutie... did I already mention I LOVE THIS LO!
((hugs))
Bx

9:32 pm

 
l

Post a Comment

<< Home